What is BenchMark KB?
In partnership with the software development experts at InterFix, AHDI has created the first application that sets universal health data quality standards and deploys them to the workstation level, integrating them into the document creation process. That means improved health data quality and improved patient care.
BenchMark KB is a patent-pending HIM knowledge base—a comprehensive information portal that brings new data standards to the medical documentation process and incorporates real-time access to best-of-class tools, databases, and associate membership to AHDI.
Benchmark KB delivers a universal quality standard for health information in a single, trusted source and includes:
- Access to the complete medical reference library from Stedman’s in a single user interface.
- A continuously updated national physician and dentist database (1,000,000 )
- Quality alerts library highlight common transcription style errors, including Joint Commission dangerous abbreviations
- AHDI Book of Style 3e in searchable format
- Associate membership in AHDI
- Integration with all popular transcription and EHR platforms
Why do you need BenchMark KB?
Faced with the challenges of non-standard tool sets, disparate systems and desktop environments, non-standard quality measurements, and a lack of data standards, the transcription industry has been challenged to produce consistent, high-quality patient records across the board. That's why AHDI and Interfix have created BenchMark KB. We realized we could better use technology to not only develop quality standards, but to more easily put these efficiency-driven, real-time resources at the fingertips of the MT user. And whether you are an educator, a business owner, or an independent contractor, you know a comprehensive, web-based portal that empowers MTs to be accurate, fast, and compliant is the answer to creating better quality healthcare documentation.
What are the system and software requirements for BenchMark KB Online?
BenchMark KB online is a stand-alone web service that can be used alongside any medical transcription or coding application. That means all you need is an internet connection (DSL or better recommended) with a supported, Windows-based internet browser (Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer, or FireFox 2.0 or newer). We also recommend a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 for optimum performance.
What's included in BenchMark KB Online?
Single-user annual subscriptions are available for $199.00 (List Price) or $174 (current AHDI members) per year and include:
Stedman’s Reference Products
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Stedman's Medical Speller
- Stedman's Quick Look Drug Book
- Plus your choice of three (3) of the following Stedman's word books (add more books for just $10/year per book):
- Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols
- Alternative & Complementary Medicine Words
- Anatomy & Physiology Words
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Words
- Dermatology & Immunology Words
- Emergency Medicine Words
- Endocrinology Words
- GI & GU Words
- Internal Medicine & Geriatric Words
- Medical & Surgical Equipment Words
- Medical Eponyms
- Medical Terms & Phrases
- Neurology & Neurosurgery Words
- OB-GYN & Pediatric Words
- Organisms & Infectious Disease Words
- Oncology Words
- Orthopaedic & Rehab Words
- Pathology & Lab Medicine Words
- Pocket Medical Abbreviations
- Radiology Words
- Surgery Words
- Updates received automatically as newer editions become available
Click on the image to enlarge the screenshots below
AHDI Resources and Products
- The Online Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd edition
- AHDI Normal Lab Values Resource
- Associate Membership in AHDI, a basic membership
- Discounts on the RHDS/CHDS credentialing exams ($80 off)
- Discounts on AHDI's Annual Convention & Expo (ACE)
- Professional workforce advocacy and representation
- Participation in national committees, alliances, and workgroups
- Access to personal benefits offered through AHDI, such as discounts on insurance, car rentals, etc...
- National Physician and Dentist Database (1 Million )
As an AHDI individual professional, postgraduate or sustaining member, you can buy BenchMark KB (product includes the Book of Style 3e) for only $174.00! That’s $25 off the retail price. Corporate and Educational members should contact InterFix for information on discounted rates and bulk pricing.
Click the link below to order your Benchmark KB subscription via PayPal. Please be advised that PayPal is an independent, third-party payment service and does not handle the processing of your subscription. PayPal will notify InterFix upon receipt of funds. You should then receive an email directly from InterFix within 24 hours of making your purchase that includes a link and login instructions for accessing your subscription service. Please note that this service is nonrefundable. No refunds will be granted for any reason after purchase/access to this subscription service.
Members, please log in to receive the $174 offering in the Members Only box below.
Purchase BenchMark KB Online – Order Now via PayPal ($199 Normal Pricing)