Community Outreach Coordinator Volunteer Program
Are you looking for a way to meet new people? Expand your professional network by participating in our new AHDI Community Outreach Coordinator Volunteer Program. It will give you the opportunity to reach out to current and future members, share your experience as an AHDI member, and make new friends along the way.
What You Will Do As a Coordinator?
As a Community Outreach Coordinator, you will be reaching out to former members, prospective (future!) members, and AHDI Associate members. There are 3 goals of this program: 1) build a highly engaged and connected community of healthcare documentation specialists; 2) introduce prospective members to the association; and 3) engage our Associate members in AHDI.
As a Community Outreach Coordinator, you will share your experience as an AHDI member and the benefits of membership with prospective members. Furthermore, many of our Associate members have not fully experienced the value of their AHDI membership. Our coordinators will help them discover how to engage in our community.
By signing up as a volunteer coordinator, you will receive a list of healthcare documentation specialists to contact by phone or email to assist them in discovering the benefits of membership and invite them to participate in AHDI. After contacting a person, there’s an online form for you to complete.
What’s in it for You?
- You meet new people who are just like you, fellow healthcare documentation specialists.
- It will look great on your resume.
- You will help us grow the AHDI community.
- You will be recognized and honored among your peers in our Membership Matters newsletter.
- You will be entered into a raffle to win one of five $50 Visa gift cards.
How it Works
- Fill out the Community Outreach Coordinator form
- You will receive names of 10 prospective or associate members and talking points.
- You contact the people on your list by email or phone. Please give them time to respond (5–10 business days) and follow up if necessary.
- Complete a form on each person on your list (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/COCfollowup).
- When you have completed forms on all 10 people on your list, your name will get entered into a raffle drawing to win one of five $50 Visa gift cards.
- Determine if you would like to continue in the program and receive 10 additional names. You will receive one raffle entry for every 10 people you contact!
Your Outreach Tool Kit
Benefit Highlights for Individual Professional Members—This flyer is the perfect tool to provide to prospective members to quickly show them the benefits of joining AHDI.
Fall Special Membership Application—former (lapsed) members and new members are eligible to receive 3 months free when they join AHDI as an Individual Professional member. That's 15 months of membership for the price of 12! More information is available at www.ahdionline.org/membershipispower.
Talking Points—You will receive talking points with each contact list you sign up to receive. The talking points will be specific to the people on your list depending on their membership status (lapsed members, prospective members, or associate members), so you will have the most relevant information to share with them.
Members volunteering to be a Community Outreach Coordinator are expected to make an effort to reach out to people on their list and provide feedback using the online form. Feedback is required in order to be eligible for the Visa gift card raffle drawings.
By volunteering to participate in this program, you agree to only use the contact information provided for the purposes of this program and to destroy/delete the contact information at the conclusion of the program.
Current AHDI Individual Professional and Sustaining members may participate as Community Outreach Coordinators. This program will run until December 31, 2012, and the drawings for the Visa gift cards will be held the first week of January 2013.