If you are currently enrolled in a medical transcription or healthcare documentation
educational program, student membership
is for you. Joining AHDI gives you resources and opportunities to network
to help you prepare for a successful career in healthcare documentation.
Following graduation, you can take advantage of postgraduate membership for
one year. AHDI will assist you by:
Connecting you and your peers.
your most challenging questions.
- Submit your professional practice questions to AHDI’s Help Desk for expert
- Read articles in Plexus and access the full online archive of past
- Email questions to AHDI listservs for quick feedback from your peers.
Propelling your career.
Improving your technology skills.
- Webinars focusing on building your core competencies in technology tools.
- Educational sessions led by industry thought leaders on the latest technological
advancements in healthcare.
- Vendors who will share information on new tools and technology.
- An online archive of past issues of Matrix, with a bounty of technology-related
Illustrating your critical role in patient care and safety.
- An organizational-wide effort to market healthcare documentation specialists
to key stakeholders.
- A national campaign, Your Record
Speaks, to educate the public on why the work you do matters.
- Workforce development initiatives to secure roles for healthcare documentation
professionals in the EHR.
- A movement to recognize the value of healthcare
Become an Student member today!