AHDI offers the RMT Recredentialing Course through our online training system. The intent of this course is to provide specific continuing education to individuals who have earned the entry-level RMT credential in order to ensure that their core knowledge remains current. The course includes 13 chapters, each with a concluding quiz. To pass the course and renew the RMT credential, participants must complete all 13 chapters and quizzes with a score of 75% on each section quiz and receive a minimum of 75% on the final exam. Successful participants will earn renewal of their RMT credential for an additional 3-year period.
- TRANSCRIPTION RELATED KNOWLEDGE
- New Prescription Medications
A brief overview of new prescription medications and medication classes.
- Report Types
A recap of terminology pertaining to the most common report types.
- New Topics in Clinical Medicine
Overview of emerging topics in clinical medicine.
- Trends in Grammar and Style
An overview of trends in grammar, punctuation, and style, including a review of dangerous abbreviations.
- Common Grammar, Punctuation, and Style Errors
A review of the most common grammar, punctuation, and style errors including sound-alikes, abbreviations, and formatting.
- Editing and Proofreading
A review of the basic concepts of editing and proofreading.
- INDUSTRY TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Standard-Developing Organizations
An overview of the standards developing organizations and their relevance in medical transcription.
- Advances in Technology
An overview of emerging trends in health information technology and related technologies.
- The Electronic Health Record
An overview of terms and concepts related to the electronic health record.
- Privacy and Security Issues
An overview of HIPAA rules and confidentiality issues including recent updates to the statutes and their impact on medical transcriptionists.
- TRANSCRIPTION BUSINESS ISSUES
- Employment Status
Overview of employee and independent contractor status.
- Computer Maintenance and Security
Overview of computer maintenance procedures and the use of security software.
- Ethics and Ethical Business Practices
A review of ethical business standards in medical transcription as outlined in the AHDI Code of Ethics.
Approximately 10-20 hours for the entire course.
$100.00 per course for RMT and CMT AHDI members
$125.00 per course for RMT and CMT non-AHDI members
Refunds cannot be given once payment is processed and course is accessed.
Delivery of Program
Participants register and pay for the courses on the AHDI website. Once their registration is processed they will receive an email with the URL to the course, a username, and a password. Once you have received confirmation of your registration from AHDI, you will normally not receive any further communication. You can log into the course by following the login instructions in your confirmation email.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 486 processor
- 64MB RAM
- Windows 98 or higher
- Sound card
- 15" monitor
- USB, serial port or game port foot pedal control recommended
- Microsoft Word - version 97 or higher (MS Word is the most commonly used software in the industry and is required for its compatibility with other required software)
- Any standards-supporting browser from the past few years (Chrome 4 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher, Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Safari 3 or higher, Opera 9 or higher)
Once you have registered and the course has started, you will follow the link to AHDI’s training system in order to access the course. The username is your eight digit customer number or AHDI member number. The password is your five-digit zip code. You will only be able to log in once the course has started. Please read all of the items contained in the Course Information section to familiarize yourself with the course contents.