CMT Exam Guide
This text is designed to be used as a supplemental study guide in preparation for the AHDI Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) exam. Students and practitioners who seek access to the CMT exam need to begin that process of preparation with a strong orientation to the exam blue print.
This book provides potential exam candidates with a "walk through the blue print," the goal of which is to make sure that the CMT candidate has a clear understanding of the industry's expectations of competency for a Level 2 candidate and the content domains against which a candidate will be evaluated on the exam. This CMT Exam Guide: A Walk Through the Blue Print is, by design, an orientation specifically to the cognitive assessment (multiple-choice) objectives housed on the blue print.
This guide includes the following:
- Statement of Objective from the CMT Blue Print
- Recommendations for Focused Study
- CMT Blue Print Checklist
- "BONUS" EHR Glossary
- Sample Questions for Each Objective
- Complete Start-to-Finish CMT Practice Test
CMT Exam Audio Objectives CD
This audio CD, created by Lea M. Sims, CMT, AHDI-F, will help provide a clear assessment of your ability to apply what you know to what you hear for exam preparation. Practicing using this CD is a unique opportunity to experience the audio objectives aligned with the blue print prior to sitting for the level 2 exam.
In conjunction with the CMT Exam Guide, which focuses on the blue print objectives for the multiple-choice questions portion of the exam, the CMT Exam Audio Objectives centers around practical experience for exam candidates, focusing on the types of excerpts and blanks you will encounter that best fit each objective, and providing practice transcribing against the audio.
The information supplied in this CD with help you practice navigating the blue print and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the practical portion of the exam. Users will find:
- 8 audio objectives designed to evaluate your ability to practically apply your knowledge and diagnostic understanding to the transcription process.
- 72 audio excerpts including both fill-in-the-blank transcription against authentic audio and SRT editing against authentic audio for to help you focus not only on word recognition but also on appropriate expression.
- Audio excerpts that focus on words and phrases that relate specifically to the objective for which they are provided to offer examples.
- Ability to practice navigating from one blank field to the next, either using the Tab key or your mouse
- Rules to keep in mind that are designed to prevent your transcribed material from being scored at zero due to an imperfect match to the computer answer key.
- Ability to manipulate the audio player to rewind or fast forward each excerpt.
- Answer key for self-evaluation.
|Eligible Member Price:||$54.00|