Why is education program approval material submitted to AHDI 8 weeks in advance of the quarterly ACCP meeting?
• Binders x4 and all other hard copy compliance information are sent to Modesto (may include voice files, catalog, financial statements, etc.) Depending on weekends, holidays, and method sent, this takes 3-10 days.
• AHDI staff deposit the check, process the material, repack it, and send to PRs. This takes 2-4 days, again, depending on weekends and holidays.
• Depending on weekends, holidays, and the method sent, it takes 3-10 days for the PRs to receive the hard copies.
• Courtesy dictates that volunteer peer reviewers have a minimum of 2 weeks to review material and submit an electronic review.
• Courtesy dictates that volunteer ACCP voters see the reviews on the AHIMA CoP for at least 5-7 days before the quarterly meeting.
In a best-case scenario, 6 weeks would be a minimum. Considering that schools work meticulously for many weeks/months to pull together all criteria to become approved, it is fitting that the education committee, reviewers, voters, AHDI staff and ACCP committee function in the same fashion. While you may be fortunate enough to see all these steps come together in 6 weeks, do yourself a favor and allow 8.
We allow schools to apply by sending data 100% electronically, 100% hard copy, or combination electronically and hard copy. The options are:
• Only (1) submission of electronic information which must be in .pdf and/or Word format only plus one (1) submission of hard copy data--voice files, catalog, financial report, check for fees and anything else deemed appropriate). (exception: credit card payments)
• All information sent electronically which must be in .pdf and/or Word format (exception: credit card payments)
• All information sent in hard copies. (exception: credit card payments)
• No piecemeal submissions.
All information (all hard copy material and electronic material) must be received in Modesto before sending to peer reviewers. Electronic files must be zipped.
(We recommend the school test their zipped document by sending to themselves to see that it contains all data, opens properly, that the file is not too large, etc.) After satisfied that the file will transfer appropriately, it should be forwarded to andrew@AAMT.org and diana@AAMT.org and kim@AAMT.org.