New graduates from a medical transcription or healthcare documentation educational program who are not yet working in the field may join as a Postgraduate member for one year ($85). Joining AHDI gives you resources, opportunities to earn continuing education credits, and networking to help you prepare for a successful career in healthcare documentation. AHDI will assist you by:
Answering your most challenging questions.
- Submit your professional practice questions to AHDI’s Help Desk for expert guidance.
- Read articles in Plexus and access the full online archive of past issues.
- Email questions to AHDI listservs for quick feedback from your peers.
Connecting you and your peers.
Propelling your continuing education.
- 24/7 access to recorded sessions in AHDI’s Online Learning Library.
- Continuing education with access to credit-worthy articles, webinars, and online courses.
- Shared learning with fellow members through AHDI’s special interest group alliances.
- Credentialing to set yourself apart from the rest.
Improving your technology skills.
- Webinars focusing on building your core competencies in technology tools.
- Educational sessions led by industry thought leaders on the latest technological advancements in healthcare.
- Vendors who will share information on new tools and technology.
- An online archive of past issues of Matrix, with a bounty of technology-related articles.
Illustrating your critical role in patient care and safety.
- An organizational-wide effort to market healthcare documentation specialists to key stakeholders.
- A national campaign, Your Record Speaks, to educate the public on why the work you do matters.
- Workforce development initiatives to secure roles for healthcare documentation professionals in the EHR.
- A movement to recognize the value of healthcare documentation specialists.
Become a Postgraduate member today!